Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Top 7 - Songs from the Movies

Here's the question of the day - if they are so worried about going over, why must they babble away the first 8 minutes of the show? Call me crazy.

01 - Allison - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing
Excellent selection. Very Aerosmith outfit. Solid vocal. Not sure about some of the change-ups she put in there. Overall, it worked.
(Wow, Simon dogged Lil before she's even been on stage)

02 - Anoop - Everything I Do, I Do It for You
I am digging this version. You go, Anoop! (not sure about your jacket selection) Solid, dude.

03 - Adam - Born to Be Wild
I don't hate it. At least the style was consistent throughout. He's still too much drama for me.
(Paula makes no sense AT ALL.)

04 - Matt - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman
The orchestra in the background didn't get it done for me. It was theatrical and the piano was more of a soul vibe. Love him, but didn't love the performance tonight. Still a big fan.
(um this is a ROCK song? really? see how defensive I get!)

05 - Danny - Endless Love
Fabulous selection. Wow. I loved it.

06 - Kris - Falling Slowly
I haven't heard the song, and I need to see the movie....ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

07 - Lil - The Rose
She has an amazing voice. The beginning was too busy for me, so it made the second half not as cool.
(Simon is just mean to her, not critical, he's mean.)

My votes:
Kris, Danny, Anoop!

don't forget to sign your comments.....I can't be the only one sticking my neck out here ;)

3 comments:

mary karpinski said...

I think Adams voice and performance is so solid, but his song last night was a little to hard rock for me. I thought Lil's song choice was great, I love that song and the way she gospled it up. Funny how they think she's wrong to sing a bet midler and alison is ok to sing steven tyler?? owell maybe it helps her get defense votes :) Strange to see danny without his glasses - he was awesome. I also love Anoop and Alison. There is a lot of talent this year. Hard to say who should go this week.

Pat Sansing said...

Unfortunately I missed the show last night. Thanks for catching me up!!

Anonymous said...

Lil should be the one leaving, but thanks to Simon, she probably won't be the one with the lowest vote total.