Hi! I haven't been able to fully document all that I have seen and experienced in my first two days in India, but I wanted to share my short synopsis of my trip from US to UK and from UK to India.
I made it over the ocean to London. Business class is definitely the way to travel....have mercy! Our flight was delayed out of Raleigh for almost two hours. One because of snow in London, two because a passenger's bag was on the plane but he was not, and then the ground crew left because of the missing passenger so we had to wait for them to come back. Once we took off, we had a 5 course meal and then it was time to sleep. I tried to watch a movie, but didn't get into it, but I also couldn't fall asleep (which is funny because I had more room than I do in coach and coach is never a problem for sleeping). I did sleep off an on, but I am quite certain my days and nights are off already. I will definitely sleep on our flight to Bangalore, since it will be 5am when we get there.
Once we arrived in London, we walked about a mile to the bus to take us to the British Airways terminal, then went through security again, and then found our way to the lounge. (hence, loving business class) I was able to shower, so it feels like a new day. I am going to check out the snacks and stuff now, so see what fun treats there are before I get to India. (carbo loading now) :)
I'll send another email once we get to India, so until then....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We made it here about an hour behind schedule but that was not bad.
This flight had a screaming toddler in business class which was not
enjoyable but the engines drown most of it out for me. (That and the
noise cancelling headphones.). I slept for most of this flight and
even slept through dinner (which was ok since I was still full from
the US flight). I will write more tonight on the traveling from the
airport to the hotel. I met Natalie (from Cincy) and Mr Stephens (my
friend from Nashville) for breakfast and stayed with carbs. We are
waiting for Ross (who lived here for two years) to show us the ropes
with fruits and juices. Talk to everyone soon. :)
17 years ago
7 comments:
Dear World Traveler,
I am so glad you are there. You are going to have a blast!!!! Cannot wait to hear more.....
Julie Schnieders
India is just Indiana without the "NA". Have a great time and try as many new things as possible! Who knows when you'll get a chance to go back!
I'm glad to know you made it safely!
Awesome, have a great time and enjoy the warm weather!
I will TIVO the Ravens vs. Colts game for you!
Jenny - good that you made it safely; yes, business class is a new world - how's the hotel? Trish
Very proud of you for going. You are such a worldly girl!!!
Mel
Post a Comment