A few links this week for fun: http://www.americanidol.com/idolgivesback/ and http://www.one.org/
Ten cents per call....four hours to vote....two numbers for each contestant....this is a dream for me. Please place your bets now on how many times I voted.
Also this week's special guest will be my mom. She watched with loyal fans (Grandma and Aunt Nancy) live from St Francis ER Room 14. Not to worry, everyone is fine. I'll save her wrap-up for the end of this analysis.
Chris Richardson - Change The World - Excellent selection for him. Not sure about his outfit. One of his best performances to date. He brought it.
Melinda Doolittle - There Will Come A Day - Wow! I got chills when she sang this song. Amazing song selection. Her dress is great. She was outstanding....again.
Blake Lewis - Imagine - Kick a%% vocal! Blake's got his own sense of style, and I guess I get it. Super song selection. He looks very nervous after last week's ridiculous bottom 3 nightmare.
LaKisha Jones - I Believe - Fantasia song? Really? Is she really picking an old Idol anthem? (Can you tell I am disappointed?) Her dress is very flattering. It was a big vocal tonight. She's in the bottom three though, I believe.
Phil Stacey - The Change - Powerful song. He picked well. Phil knows what he is doing in this competition. He was on this evening.
Jordin Sparks - You'll Never Walk Alone - I don't love the song selection. Jordin, however, is phenomenal. I got chills when she was singing too. She looked great this week again.
So check it, here is my ranking from best to not the best (can't say worst because Sanjaya and Haley are gone....oops out loud):
Jordin
Melinda
Blake
Chris
Phil
LaKisha
My mom's ranking is:
Jordin
Melinda
LaKisha
Phil
Blake
Chris
And so now that the votes are in.....I called and placed 100 votes (yes, that is 10 dollars) from 10:18 pm EDT to 10:43 pm EDT. They were all for Melinda Doolittle (1-866-436-5708).
Let the comments begin......
17 years ago
4 comments:
After another Schnieders blog entry we go to the judges...
Randy: "So check it out dog it was dope, it was fly, it was check it out, it was like, i don't know, then i don't know, it was just ok for me....."
Paula: "You..you made me..feel like a unicorn...in a field of daises... and, breakfast on a pillow of marshmallows and cotton candy. You're stunning."
Simon: [insert reasonable and substantive feedback with crowd irrationally booing in the background]
Ryan: [looking into camera for a razor] the number for schnieders is 1 866 IDOLS 3.14
....
Ok, with that out of the way:
Jordin is going to win this thing even though I think Melinda is better. For whatever reason everyone loves her. I don't see it, but I don't see a lot of things, including why orange juice and toothpaste create such a nasty taste in your mouth, or why cats are popular.
Lakisha is going home, Phil is staging the rally of the century, and Blake and Richardson are boring now.
I know this was the biggest night for them, now that the real contestants are in the race.
Overall, LaKisha did not do it for me last night.
I think Blake looked scared.
Melinda and Jordin were on fire.
And I don't see the obsession with Chris, I don't think I am down with his type of music.
Phil is not one of my fav's, I don't think he has a niche.
Question??? Jenny - if Jordin was your fav, why did you vote for Melinda ONE HUNDRED times? - mel
OK, quick and simple. My list is:
Jordin
Melinda
Phil
Blake
Chris
Lakisha
Doug has a "hot spot" so she was not paying much attention to the television this week.
I got very distracted by Blake this week - his mouth seemed freakishly small with no upper lip.
I thought Jordin had a lot of pitch problems and was surprised the judges liked her so much.
Lakisha is going home, despite the fabulous outfit.
Post a Comment