An Antonella Barba cameo (ew)....Gina in the house (yay)....BON JOVI!!! Who's singing a Bon Jovi tune right now?
01/07 - Phil - Blaze of Glory - Excellent selection! He's in this game. Wow! Three great weeks in a row for Mr. Stacey. Amazing!
02/08 - Jordin - Livin' On A Prayer - She's got the look down. I like her, but I think she could have selected better. I felt like I was watching a Disney movie and listening to a soundtrack.
03/09 - LaKisha - This Ain't A Love Song - Not sure about her top.....she cracks me up! She picked very well this week. She brought it! I have been waiting weeks for this comeback.
04/10 - Blake - You Give Love A Bad Name - Whoa! Dark hair! I think I like it better. He has WAY more personality this week. He is who he is...can't fault him for it. It was pretty freaking cool.
05/11 - Chris - Wanted Dead Or Alive - Daughtry - yes. Richardson - um no. His looks aren't going to keep him this week (sigh). He's not getting better....and last week didn't save him from elimination in this week with two going home.
06/12 - Melinda - Have A Nice Day - Check out her shoes! She's an awesome performer. Not her genre this week, but it so didn't matter. SHE ROCKED! She's gotta win.
Here is how it went for me this week:
Melinda
Phil
Blake
LaKisha
Chris
Jordin
"it's my life....it's now or never.......IT'S MY LIFE"
17 years ago
4 comments:
Phil - One of my favorites...not sure what Simon was smoking on that one.
Jordin - Yikes! She's lucky she did so well last week. She'd better hope she has enough votes carried over to save her.
LipKisha...I mean, LaKisha - Simon's smudged lips were priceless. As far as her singing, she did great. She had a lot more facial expression last night.
Blake - He was good. I can always count on him to be interesting. He didn't have quite as many empty stares into the camera so that was good.
Chris - He did better than I expected him to do on rock night. I actually enjoyed the fact that his voice wasn't twittering all over the place like a nervous bird.
Melinda - Excellent! On a side note, does she remind anybody else of George Huff from a few seasons ago? Maybe it's the fact that she's a church girl and always has her eyebrows way high in the sky when she smiles.
Overall, it was a good night! It's hard to accept the fact that two will be gone tonight.
The only one I ended up seeing was Blake. I am not so sure about the dark hair, but I am sure that I liked the way he did the song. I think that is Blake's style and he did take a chance, and to me, it paid off.
The others in the clips at the end:
Phil looked comfortable and sounded pretty good.
Jordin looked very UNcomfortable, I am not hip on the hair and didn't like the way the song was coming out of that "Disney" mouth.
LaKisha wasn't impressive.
Chris sounded like he needed to go home.
Melinda should have chosen a song that more people knew...maybe they were all taken up by the others.
Mel
After the results:
Phil - one of the best exits in Idol history....he is a total class act and he rocked that song
Chris - it was his time, but I will miss him....guess I should figure out when tour tickets go on sale.
FYI Jenny-I think tickets go on sale May 19th.
-Missy
Post a Comment