Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Finals - Blogging Under Protest

(still not over Melinda going home)

Blake
Song 1 - One of the fan favorites; his most original performance; totally un-phased by the larger stage.
Song 2 - Love the selection; controlled vocal; dug it!
Song 3 - Oh, yay, time for the cheesy idol tune. Why is it always a chick song when they both sing the same song? It's going to become a bad decision that he chose to sing first.

Jordin
Song 1 - Don't like this selection; she's not a rocker; why is she yelling at me?
Song 2 - Excellent decision. This was her best song of the season. The background music was too loud and it made me angry. Wow!
Song 3 - This song is clearly more suited for her. The beginning was a little rough for me.

So, I am indifferent about the winner.

Comments on the judges performance last night:
Paula was clearly on pain medicine. My favorite line was when she referred to Jordin's "vocal voice".
Randy (not even going to address his wardrobe selection) was off his rocker when he tried to say that Jordin's performance of "A Broken Wing" was better than Martina's original. Seriously?

Shout outs:
Constantine (to quote Aunt Cathy, "why is here there? just to look creepy?)
Dawson Leery in the house
Did they move Denise Richards during a commercial break?
DAUGHTRY! - ok, so Paula appeared to be talking to ghosts on stage until they panned back for their performance.

Alas, another season ends.

Whatever will I blog about now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, this is my first comment all season, and it's about Constantine! I was home during the weekday last week, and even though I hate soaps, nothing else was on. So, I turned on the Bold & the Beautiful. And who's creepy little face did I see?? Constantine!!! Apparently he has a recurring role & that was his first performance. Too funny!
-Tricia

Anonymous said...

Was it me or did Blake not seem to care if he won or not? He seems like he is a nice guy and happy to have made it in the top 2. Oh, that 3rd song was soo soo bad for him, not his fault, but just bad! I think he could have mixed it up to make it a little "Blake-like".

Jordin was so cute and appears to really want this!

I think Jordin will have fun being the idol, I would be shocked if Blake won, but I am really indifferent on who wins. I like them both - Mel