In the past (or last year), the concert format has been mostly individual performances and duets with a few group numbers in the latter half. This year the format was mixed up, and I must say I liked it much better. What is also impressive is the amount of costume changes that occurred during this musical extravaganza. You never saw someone in the same outfit twice!
To the best of my recollection, here was our set list for the evening at the fair with occasional commentary:
* Let’s Get It Started - Entire Group - The first voice you heard was Jordin's. That was cool!
* Baby Love, Stop In The Name Of Love – Melinda and LaKisha
* Heard It Through The Grapevine - Chris Richardson & Ladies
* Proud Mary - Sanjaya Malakar & Melinda Doolittle
* Blaze of Glory - Phil Stacey - This was by far one of his best performances during the season, and it was awesome live!
* Thnks Fr Th Mmrs - Chris Sligh & Gina Glocksen
* When God Fearing Women Get the Blues - Haley Scarnato - Still, I am not a fan.
* The Way You Make Me Feel - Sanjaya Malakar - This kid is the skinniest person on the stage. See photo below.
* Typical - Chris Sligh
* Lady Marmalade - Haley Scarnato, Gina Glocksen, & LaKisha Jones
* What Hurts The Most - Chris Richardson & Jordin Sparks - This was my favorite duet of the night. They both played guitar and sang. It was really cool.
* Time Of The Season/With Or Without You - Blake Lewis - Finally, after more than one panic attack from my Aunt Cathy, we saw Blake. Since he is a one man show, the band took a break. He recorded the beat boxing and replayed it as his percussion during his performance. It was rather nifty.
* She Will Be Loved - Blake Lewis
* You Give Love A Bad Name - Blake Lewis
* INTERMISSION
* America the Beautiful – Phil Stacey, Haley , Gina , LaKisha , & Melinda - This was AWESOME. Since the concert was outside, it had just really begun to get dark, and the girls came out first singing something else (sorry). Then Phil in uniform came out and sang most of the song as solo with the girls as background. Everyone was on their feet when he was done (even Grandma).
* INTERMISSION
* America the Beautiful – Phil Stacey, Haley , Gina , LaKisha , & Melinda - This was AWESOME. Since the concert was outside, it had just really begun to get dark, and the girls came out first singing something else (sorry). Then Phil in uniform came out and sang most of the song as solo with the girls as background. Everyone was on their feet when he was done (even Grandma).
* Who Knew - Gina Glocksen - Loved the song selection from her. In fact, that song has been stuck in my head for weeks now.
* Crazy, Hey Jude - Guys (with instruments) - The 5 guys sang with Chris R on drums, Phil on keyboard, and the other three with guitars. It was fun.
* Crazy, Hey Jude - Guys (with instruments) - The 5 guys sang with Chris R on drums, Phil on keyboard, and the other three with guitars. It was fun.
* Virtual Insanity, Ain’t No Sunshine, Geek In The Pink – Chris Richardson and Blake Lewis
* I Will Always Love You - LaKisha Jones - She put Whitney to shame during this performance. AMAZING!
* This Love - Chris Richardson - I know it looks like Chris has been on the stage a lot (Aunt Nancy is starting to complain), but I am ok with it. ;)
* It’s Your Love - Phil Stacey & Gina Glocksen - This duet was top notch too.
* Life Is A Highway - Chris Richardson, Sanjaya Malakar and Haley Scarnato - See if Chris wasn't back, look who we would have been left with!
* You Make Me Feel Like a Natural woman - Melinda Doolittle - Again she proved why she was my favorite. She was OUTSTANDING!
* Ain’t No Other Man - Haley Scarnato, Gina Glocksen, LaKisha Jones, & Melinda Doolittle
* I Who Have Nothing - Jordin Sparks - Yay! It was time for Jordin. She sounded awesome as well. I am ok with her winning. (Ok, I admitted it.)
* Heartbreaker - Jordin Sparks
* You Were Meant For Me - Jordin Sparks
* Broken Wing - Jordin Sparks - Her strongest performance from the season, in my opinion.
* Living On A Prayer - Jordin Sparks
* ENCORE - This Is My Now - Jordin Sparks - Silly people who thought they should leave, I knew they would be back. Who gets fooled by the band leaving the stage these days? Rookies!
* ENCORE - This Is My Now - Jordin Sparks - Silly people who thought they should leave, I knew they would be back. Who gets fooled by the band leaving the stage these days? Rookies!
All in all, my favorites vocally were Jordin, Melinda, LaKisha, and Phil. All amazing.
Blake is a good performer, and he added a different element to his songs. He's one of a kind for sure.
I love Chris R, so it was fun to see him on stage so much.
I liked the progress that Gina and Chris Sligh have made. Live, they really sounded great.
Because my grandma wanted to go, I sat through Haley and Sanjaya. ;)
All in all, my group of 7 had a fun time. We were in the front row of the grandstand, so you couldn't pass up the seats. What I have liked about this concert from the get-go (aka Kelly Clarkson's year) was that for the money, you see a lot of different performers and at least 30 songs. It's fun! This year's group looked like they were having a lot of fun together, and I think the format of the show demonstrated that too.
Until next year, I am signing off.
P.S. Ryan's tie for the Emmy's last night was HORRID.
Photo Link: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8KcsmzZs2Y0U
No comments:
Post a Comment