Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Dolly and the Top 9

(Note from the author: Tonight's issue of the blog almost didn't happen....after a 6 day stay in the Windy City, or shall I say just the Sears Tower, my DVR was full and I made it home with three minutes to spare...phew)

I would like to start off this week by welcoming Mr. Brian Fallon to the blog......based on his current workload, my measly attempt to comment on the episode is all he will have time for this week. :)

So here we go.....

Nice analogy, Dolly. Like you and your songs, I think of my tax returns as my children. NOT!

01 - Brooke - Jolene - Nice selection for her. She did a nice job, and it was a good fit. She looked great too.

02 - David Cook - Little Sparrow - He looks WAY better this week. What did he do? Under the spotlight I am rethinking my comment. This cat had it going on! LOVED IT.

03 - Ramiele - Do I Ever Cross Your Mind - This was a solid vocal, but it didn't do much for me. I agree with Simon (minus the cruise ship comment).

04 - Jason - Traveling Through - Awesome. This whole performance was solid. A little different than the last few weeks, and I thought it rocked.

05 - Carly - Here You Come Again - She picked a great ballad. Her wardrobe was way better . I liked it a lot. I disagree obviously with Simon's style comment.

06 - David Archuleta - Smokey Mountain Memories - Busting out the argyle this week. WOW! That is all I ever say, but it was awesome.

07 - Kristy - Coat of Many Colors - Oh gosh, who let her wear that dress? It was an average performance. Hee Hee....Randy busted out "wheelhouse" and of COURSE Paula would like that dress.

08 - Syesha - I Will Always Love You - This song is overdone. What is up with all the girl's eye make-up tonight? Did they have some glitter that was getting ready to go bad? Ok, after all that, I really liked her performance. She didn't try to overdo it. The overhead lighting is very odd on this new stage.

09 - Michael - It's All Wrong But It's All Right - He did a super job. These guys this season are superior to the girls.

Top 3 - David, David, Michael
Mid 3 - Carly, Jason, Brooke
Bottom 3 - Ramiele, Syesha, Kristy

And with that, I leave you this week.

No comments: