Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Top 7 - Mariah Mentors

Ok, so I think it is safe to say we all wondered how this week would go down. I must say after last week's voting debacle, I am very focused on getting the blog out so I can begin to vote. Yes, I said it, I am voting. :)

So here I go....I don't like Ryan's tie. I feel like he wears the same tie every week and it has started to bother me. Paula's dress was much more appropriate this week.

This set of songs will be interesting. And the whole group looks a little star struck with Miss Carey?

01 - David Archuleta - When You Believe
LOVE this song. This song is a duet, so I think it makes it much more challenging to sing. I liked it a lot but I am not sure about what the stylist decided to do with him this evening.....was he wearing Ross Geller's leather pants? He showed his range, and he's a star. ROCK ON, dude!

02 - Carly Smithson - Without You
She looks good this week. They are dressing her in a lot of deep blues and violets, and I think it works. The song selection was right for her. There were a few points where I wasn't sure, but overall, she worked it out. I agree with the judges.

(Side note - It is me or does it appear that Mariah has special lighting in these clips with her?)

03 - Syesha Mercado - Vanishing
What a surprise, Syesha's dressing like Mariah. Darn it, she sang well. We gotta start getting rid of these girls. The song was a boring selection I thought. Why does she look like she is going to start crying when Randy is talking to her? Spit it out, Paula.

04 - Brooke White - Hero
She's very sparkly. Oh, Mariah, she is so deep. I love the selection. This might be one of my top 3 Brooke performances (Mr. Watson, the others would be Let It Be and Every Breath You Take). I liked her mix of the song. The sparkles were very distracting, so it was a good idea to sit behind the piano.

05 - Kristy Lee Cook - Forever
Is it bad when you say you want to connect? Shouldn't that happen naturally if you are a talented performer? Bad wardrobe. I am bored and so over her even though she is trying really hard this week. Overall, I say eh.

Were they trying to torment us with putting all 4 of these girls in a row? NOT cool.

06 - David Cook - Always Be My Baby
Holy crap! This was awesome. I am speechless. WOW! (I actually said that out loud.) His brother was able to make the trip out this week and so that made it a little bit of a tearjerker for me and then David teared up, are you trying to kill me? He was amazing and I am really torn between the two David's as far as who I think should win this. For all of you who missed the show, I'm pasting a link to You Tube so you can see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu9gD4otRrg
This guy has nailed every single week. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

07 - Jason Castro - I Don't Wanna Cry
I give this kid props for singing this song. He was original, and I dug it. He needs to stay as well.

Here's how I break it down:
Stars - David C and David A
Keepers - Jason and Carly
Silver Seat Getters - Brooke, Kristy, and Syesha

Grandma called in her vote for getting the boot - Syesha.

Until next week, or until America irritates me......

For American Idol I am,
Jennifer M. Schnieders

3 comments:

JennySchnieds said...

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/04/15/david-cooks-ailing-brother-attends-tearful-performance/?xid=rss-topheadlines

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that Gabi wants Jason to be her big brother...she says it every week. - Mel

Anonymous said...

I thought Kristy was way better this week than previous weeks. I like Brooke, but she was the most boring to me by far. I think she should go home this week. An exit for any of the girls would not make me too sad at this point.