Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Idol 2009 - Season 8 - Top 36 - Week 1

Welcome to our new subscribers, and welcome back to everyone from the past!

I must admit that I didn't watch much of the auditions and picked up around the Hollywood rounds. Of course, I have a few favorites, but I promise to give most of them a fair shot.

Quick note - Next week I will be traveling to LA on Tuesday night and I'll miss the west coast feed as well. So, I need a guest blogger.....you know who you are.....

Within the introductory segment, did anyone else notice that Paula still doesn't make sense?
Also, I don't have a strong opinion about Kara, but so far, not so annoying, and she can put together sentences. (Isn't it sad how low expectations are?)

And so we begin.....

01 - Jackie Tohn - A Little Less Conversation
What is she wearing? Horrid. A little too hyper for me. Vocals were nothing special. Isn't she the one that was rumored to be disqualified because of her professional music experience? Not sure, but she bugs.

02 - Ricky Braddy - A Song For You
Singing this early in a two hour show with 12 commercial breaks can be not good for your luck. His vocals were solid though.

03 - Alexis Grace - Never Loved A Man
Don't dig the song selection. It was just ok for me. She's so tiny.

Shout out to Doogie Howser and Ted Danson in the house!

After three contestants, I must say the exchange after the judge commentary with the family of the contestant, the hugging from fellow singers, hugging of family, the squeezing between the family and Ryan on the cheesy Coca-Cola couch....it's all too much....can anyone else say time filler?

04 - Brent Keith - Hicktown
After the awkward live TV moment, as soon as Brent started to sing, I knew he can't win this. He clearly is the country music guy and he showcased well. America won't pick him as the top guy. Safe song, yes, but the country was a fun twist.

05 - Stevie Wright You Belong With Me
Not stellar. What song is this? She sounded nervous and out of breath a lot.

06 - Anoop Desai - Angel of Mine
I like this kid. I am not 100% sure about his song selection, but I think he did represented his style well. He was polite to Simon even. (Ok, I know this isn't Polite Idol, but it was a nice change of pace.)

07 - Casey Carlson - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Weird facial expressions. I feel like I am watching a Disney musical or a pageant. She's very pretty.

08 - Michael Sarver - I Don't Wanna Be
Dig the selection. I like his back story. His vocals were good. (I just stuck my tongue out at the judges.)

09 - Ann Marie Boskovich - Natural Woman
She's kinda boring. Her vocals were decent, but nothing special. (Let's reflect on the fact that Kelly Clarkson delivered that song.)

10 - Stephen Fowler - Rock With You
I like what he picked, but I felt like it was a little serious. He had a "nice" vocal.

11 - Tatiana Del Toro - I'm Saving All My Love for You
It's the commercial break and I am already irritated with this nightmare chick. Not only is she whiny, she reminds me of Katharine McPhee. (yuk) Of course she picks a Whitney song. I can't hear her sing ... what? huh? Ew, now I can. What is bugging me now is that she isn't absolutely dreadful compared with the other girls tonight. I didn't like the end...when she sings low, she drops words too. The judges made fun of her...that's funny. Her friends must have watched her and told her to chill out....or she was medicated.

12 - Danny Gokey - Hero
Shocker alert -- he's my favorite....LOVE HIM!!!!! He reminds me of Daughtry but I am not sure why. (I know you guys are laughing at me, but I don't care). He ROCKS!!!!!!

Not sure which girl to vote through so I guess I'll go with Alexis (pink hair)
Guy would be Danny for sure. Anoop, Ricky or Michael need the next highest vote.

Until next week.....
(too bad I couldn't get tickets and go to the taping......I even figured out how I could blog.....I could take a poster and write on it.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dann, hands down for talent gets my vote, then Alexis, she has potential star quality... and then Anoop. He has a really good voice and is very likeable and with SlumDog out... he may get a huge following... How can you not love him too?!
AS for Del Toro, her voice is good, very good, just not trained or consistent enough. It is always entertaining seeing her "freak show".