Thursday, February 26, 2009

Season 8 - Week 2 - The Next 12

As I watch the "west coast feed", I am actually thinking, "The idols are watching this too, since I am in LA." Then I realize that I really am a groupie at a level that might require therapy.

This week, we have a guest blogger. Thanks to Melissa Lidgard! She stepped up to the plate. Here are her thoughts:


1. Jasmine Murray:Love Song
She looked good, and I love that song, but I thought she was really "pitchy" and the range didn't really work for her. She's a pretty girl, but I don't think she has it.
P.S. It doesn't matter if you had a good time, you were not good. That is such a lame thing to say...every time someone stinks it up, they say they had a good time.
2. Matt Giraud: Viva La Vida
I thought he was good. It was a little bit uncomfortable, but for the most part, I thought he was OK. He has a great voice.
3. Jeanine Vailes: This Love
Not diggin the outfit at all. Song selection was awful I thought, and that performance was pretty bad.
4. Nick Mitchell: You're going to love me
Ok, not really sure what to think. He has a good voice, but I don't think he is going to make it.
5. Allison Iraheta: Alone
That interview was painful. Wow. But she totally redeemed herself on the song. I though she was pretty good. She did get a little screechy and that was annoying, but definitely the best so far.
6. Kris Allen: Man In The Mirror
I thought that was great. Kara is wrong in my opinion. It was a little rough in the beginning, but he definitely brought it in the end.
7. Megan Corkey: Put Your Records On
I really liked her look. She is different, and I like it. Paula needs a word limit.
8. Matt Breitzke: If You Could Only See
I pretty much agree with the judges. It was pretty boring. He has a good voice, and I like him, but I don't think he has it to go all the way.
9. Jesse Langseth: Betty Davie Eyes
I do think she looked great, but I have to agree with the judges, I did not think the song did her any justice. She may be a wild card candidate. Again, Paula...zip it.
10. Kai Kalama: What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted
This was very lounge singer to me. He has a great voice, but he was a little whiney.
11. Mishavonna Henson: Drops of Jupiter
Odd song choice for me. She is a beautiful girl though and has a good voice, but I am not diggin the performance.
12. Adam Lambert: Satisfaction
Definitely the best guy of the night. Whats up with the bling? Anyway, it was a little rough in places, but all around pretty good.

I have to say, this was not a great week for me. Top girl is either Allison or Megan, Top Guys: Kris & Adam


Have a great week! See ya next week!

No comments: