Historically, this has been a really fun category....add to that the "cute" factor of the baby pictures, and I am hooked. On top of it all, we've cut the show to 60 minutes, and I am a happy camper.
I must admit I did a little research regarding the songs they could potentially sing tonight, and not everyone met my expectations based on what they could have done. (more on that later)
01 - Danny - Stand By Me
I like that it's a little unique, or I guess "Danny style". Of all the 80's songs, I must say I was disappointed in his song selection. But he has skills for sure.
COOL
02 - Kris - All She Wants To Do Is Dance
This dude is bringing it. I dug it. I understand the judges, but I thought it was original. I am not sure that the crowd performances are as cool on TV as they may be in the theater.
FUN
03 - Lil - What's Love Got to Do With It
I love the song selection. She has her game face on tonight, until the judges smacked it right off her face. The judges are totally harsh with her, and to be honest, I am confused about what they want her to do with her song selection. Who is the Mary J Blige of the mid 80's? If I were guessing, I would have thrown Tina Turner into that ring.
SOLID
04 - Anoop - True Colors
If you can take a song sung by an artist of the opposite sex and make it work, you'll always get props from me. Love his selection as well. The mix was cool. He's got tight vocals tonight. Nice work, Anoop!
SWEET
05 - Scott - The Search Is Over
I liked it, I didn't love it. I thought it was cool to see him bust out the electric guitar. His selection was smart in my opinion.
NICE
06 - Allison - I Can't Make You Love Me
Her selection was way too safe. I'm bored. I wanted her to sing a solid 90's guy rock song. It would have been so cool. Bonnie Raitt.....really? Paula is stupid. She did NOT make it her own or young. But the judges want her so badly to stay in....not sure why.
SAFE
07 - Matt - Part-Time Lover
This makes me want Stevie Wonder week. I love him. This was AWESOME and cool. (Short comments for Matt because I was too busy staring at the screen and pretending to be Paula.)
AMAZING
08 - Adam - Mad World
I have taken a new approach to trying to understand the phenomenon that is Adam Lambert for American Idol. I don't watch him sing, I just listen. He sounded last night like Kenny Loggins when I wasn't watching. I was not at all sure what song he was singing, and the weird lighting was VERY distracting and odd. I don't see the standing O, but whatever.....for me, he's still too theatrical. I would love to see him in a Broadway show, but I am not buying the album.
DRAMATIC
To me, Danny, Matt, and Kris are in the top tier. Anoop and Adam belong in the game. The bottom three are Scott, Lil, and Allison.
As always....it's just my opinion......
17 years ago
3 comments:
To me it is pretty obvious that Scott needs to go home. And I think if I was going to take any of the remaining 8 to make an album, I would take Allison.
Adam has the most brilliant raw, eccentric talent of the group, similar to that uniquene group inlcuding of Roy Orberson, Davide Bowie, and Freddie Murcery. He transforms himself each week and for sustainability in the industry I see him as the STAR. Next talent award goes to Allison, although she is in need of a sylist she is better than Bonnie, Paula was dead on in her comments regarding the young Allison. Matt sounds solid, but his range is not that of an artist that can fulfill my listening needs over and over again.
My rankings for last night:
1. Allison and Danny tie
3. Adam
4. Anoop
5. Lil
6. Kris
7. Matt
8. Scott
Post a Comment