Thursday, February 22, 2007

AI#6, 12 Girls

Here we go....

01 - Stephanie Edwards - Looked great! Wow....she has a great voice. That's the way to start the show.

02 - Amy Krebs - Interesting mix on an overdone song. I like her but I don't know that people are going to remember her after 10 more performances.

03 - Leslie Hunt - Way cute dress! I couldn't hear her the whole time, and if I compare her performance to the Kelly Clarkson performance in Season 1 (and I will), she didn't even come close to matching up. I think we got a true picture of her genre of music, but it wasn't fabulous.

04 - Sabrina Sloan - She picked her song very well to show off her voice. I like her, and her performance was good.

05 - Antonella Barba - Weird song selection. She's pretty, but that was the only nice thing that came to mind. She's probably going home.

06 - Jordin Sparks - I might like Tracy Chapman songs if they were more upbeat like this. This girl can SING! WOW. Top 12.

07 - Nicole Tranquillo - I don't like her song, so I stopped listening. When I started to listen again, her facial expressions bugged me.

08 - Haley Scarnato - This song show she has power in her voice. It was a little off in spots, and I don't think I liked her outfit.

09 - Melinda Doolittle - She looked super cute. I like her a lot! SHE'S AWESOME! Top 12!

10 - Alaina Alexander - Song selection was good for her. I like her, and I think she did well. We got a true picture of who she is. I disagree with the judges.

11 - Gina Glocksen - She's a unique personality. She was amazing.

12 - Lakisha Jones - Bold song choice, and she nailed it. Come on now, this girl can sing anything!

All in all, there are some "nice singers" and there are some unique and awesome singers.

My Top 12 picks are:
Jordin, Melinda, Gina, and Lakisha

Some of the others will need to stand out next week.

Until then.............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina over Sabrina? C'mon now.

They can send the Jersey girl back home, and the girl that was third. The Haley girl might be a McFee clone in terms of her sense of self-importance...we'll see.

If they really want to make this interesting, they can keep 3 guys, 9 of these girls, and call it a day. Let's get on with it.

Also, can the members of the audience please stop booing the immediate nanosecond after Cowell starts speaking. Ninety percent of what the guy says is spot-on.

Anonymous said...

Overall, I thought the girls were better than the guys. I agree with Jenny that Antonella may be going home tonight. I was surprised she even made it to this round in the first place.

On a side note, I don't know how much more I can handle these long episodes. Listening to the judges beat a person down for two solid minutes and make them almost cry is not my idea of fun.

Steve Tindall said...

ok, I didn't see the last 6 girls' performances until last night. But I'm going to go out on a limb and pick my top 6 now. Here they are in the order that they sang....Stephanie, Sabrina, Haley, Melinda, Gina, and Lakisha. The other 4 girls better bring it if they want to knock one of these girls out of the Final 12 singers. I think it's time for AI to remove the requirement of having 6 guys vs. 6 girls in the final 12.