Thursday, March 01, 2007

Season 6, 10 Girls

HOLY bright shirt, Randy! It's always so refreshing for Paula to start her cheerleading right off the bat, only to be followed by the fabulous insight from Simon, "Sing well."

Away we go...

01 - Gina - Excellent selection for her. She rocked it. (Oh dear, let's not compare to Carrie because her performance of that song was phenomenal.) I didn't like her dress, but I don't like Ryan's tie either.

02 - Alaina - Hate the song...trying to get past it. She is very pretty. It was a solid performance (when you could hear her). She and Ryan make a cute couple.

03 - Lakisha - She has an amazing voice. Her shirt was really cute.

04 - Melinda - She looks SUPER. She can sing ANYTHING. Awesome, awesome, awesome! BRING IT!

05 - Antonella - Really? A Celine song? It was a little forced. Eh, I don't like her. OH MY goodness, did you just compare yourself to Jennifer Hudson? Seriously, go home NOW.

06 - Jordin - It started rough, but then she nailed it. She looks super cute, and totally age appropriate.

07 - Stephanie - The song was a little busy, but she has a beautiful voice. Nineteen years old, are you kidding me? Wow.

08 - Leslie - Her outfit is a mess...didn't dig it.

09 - Haley - Weird is the work that kept coming to mind. Her voice is ok.

10 - Sabrina - Wow! Pretty solid performance.

If I had to pick six girls today...Melinda, Lakisha, Stephanie, Sabrina, Jordin, Gina

Until next week......Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously think Paula needs to get clinical help for whatever it is she is on this season. As if she wasn't bad enough in past seasons, she can't even make complete sentences and has a continuous glaze over her eyes. It's painful to watch.

Okay, on to my opinion of the singing. Melinda was my favorite by far. I am fine with Alaina, Leslie, Haley or Antonella going home...Didn't Antonella attempt a Celine song last week? Lakisha is one of the best singers, but something about her doesn't strike me with that star quality yet.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah that LaKisha is great, but she just doesn't have the "american idol look" that will help her win the competition in the end. I can see her being in the top 4, but then she will get voted out. I also am happy to see Antonella, Haley, Alaina, and Lesley go home. However, I think those people that "vote for the worst" will keep Antonella around for awhile to make a story there about how we all can't believe she has made it thru another round.

My top picks are LaKisha, Melinda (I think she might be our winner...up against Sligh for the final), Sabrina, and Gina.