Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Season 6, The Songs of Diana Ross

Let's just start by saying, "Plastic surgery, anyone?"

Alas, we have the boys and girls singing together, and of course, we have the order of boy, girl, boy, girl... (with about 10 commercial breaks)

Grandma is back on track this season with a minor mix-up on the time. She missed the first 10 minutes. Not to worry, I will make sure she is good to go next week.

Here are my thoughts:

01 - Brandon - His tone is great. Fun song. Yikes...he missed it. That hurt. It wasn't pretty. (This is where you all laugh at me because you know I am literally transcribing my thoughts and out-loud commentary.) I am still a Brandon fan....let's be honest, he could have stood on stage and mouthed the lyrics and it would have been better than what we will see from Sanjaya.

02 - Melinda - WOW! She is outstanding! That is all I can even think to say.

(Paula in the "ugly cry" this early in the season is a little rough for me. Grandma said, "Oh that was just ridiculous. I think she is on drugs or something. She can't control herself.")

03 - Chris Sligh - Freaking me out without the glasses. I love the mix of this song....that was pretty sweet. I liked it. I disagree with the judges.

04 - Gina - She rocked! Excellent song selection for her. She did walk around a little too much though.

05 - Sanjaya - America, WHAT did we do!?! From the straight iron to a perm this week. He TOTALLY looks like a girl. What? What? Are you singing? What? This kid makes Chicken Little (aka Kevin Covais) look like a rock star. He picked a good song and tanked it!

06 - Haley - Was she singing words? I missed a lot of them if she did. On a high note, she looks pretty. Overall, boring. She is kind of a mess.

07 - Phil - He is a little awkward. Song selection - on point. Personality showed, big vocals.

08 - Lakisha - Why do they make fabric so shiny? I am sad because I don't like this song. LOVE her though!

09 - Blake -This kid's gotta a VOICE! Wow...awesome...wow. I LOVED it. And, he's a cutie! :)

(OK, judges....make it your own - show your stuff, dawg - bring your game - let us know who you are....really? When people do, you reply, I didn't feel it, dawg - it was a mess - sing it the way it was written)

10 - Stephanie - SUPER cute dress. I can't believe she is 19 when you listen to her voice. She can sing, no question. This is her genre/style. I didn't understand the judges' comments because I didn't know the song.

11 - Chris Richardson - He looked sharp. I didn't know this song. I thought it was the best male vocal performance of the night, but not the best overall.

12 - Jordin - I thought it was a great performance for her. The selection was right on for her age and personality. Go Jordin!

Here is how I would rank them this week:
Melinda (best)
Lakisha
Jordin
Blake
Gina
Chris R
Chris S
Stephanie
Phil
Brandon
Haley
Sanjaya (worst)

Until next week...for American Idol I am,
Schnieders Out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just checked out dialidol.com, and the three people guaranteed to not be voted out this week are Melinda, Lakisha, and......Sanjaya! So apparently we will have to endure pain and torture (or just mute our televisions) for at least one more week.

Anonymous said...

sorry...previous anonymous comment was from Sarah F...Just didn't want to be accused of being some random blog stalker. :-)

Anonymous said...

I missed some of the singers last night (a crying child "needing" me. But really, I thought that was okay. I missed Little S, which was so fine! I liked Blakes mix - not sure what the judges were talking about. It as a little soft, but I thought it was good. Jourdan and Lakisha were wonderful (I didn't see Melinda or Gina or Chris S) Haley or Little S need to go tonight. - Mel