Let me start off by saying, this was the best category I have seen Idol do in years. Now, on to the good stuff...
01 - Haley - Good selection for her. It was safe. She's not so natural at the performing part; it seemed forced. Was anyone else distracted by that stupid string on her shirt? It was the best we have seen her, but.........
02 - Chris R - Solid. I was mesmerized. I don't have anything else to say. I just stared at the TV.
03 - Stephanie - She can sing, there is no question. It seemed a little slow though. So far, this genre has been pretty good for everyone.
04 - Blake - There has never been anyone like him on this show. Excellent selection. LOVED it. (I like that this week, it's OK with the judges to make it your own.) His gear cracks me up.
WHO KNEW we would EVER get to hear Ryan sing?
05 - Lakisha - Her wardrobe was distracting. The performance was amazing and professional. She threw it down!
06 - Phil - This was a good selection for him, too. I think he showed why he is still around.
07 - Jordin - SUCH a cute dress! WOW, this was her best. Lakisha who?
Programming alert: Next week's show is 10 singers and 60 minutes.
08 - Sanjaya - Damn! Girls are going to vote for him now. I will leave the crying girl comments alone. He actually sounds like a guy this week. The remainder of all Sanjaya comments should come from Mr. Watson......
09 - Gina - She was talking about blogs....I wonder if they read mine? Not my favorite performance from her. She didn't pick the right song.
10 - Chris Sligh - The audience walk was dumb. Vocal performance rocked! On point selection for Sligh!
11 - Melinda - Seriously....I mean really....I mean...why.....again, I am speechless.
So let's break it down:
Top 3 - Melinda, Jordin, Blake
Middle 3 - Chris, Chris, Lakisha
Sanjaya (I can't categorize that.)
Bottom 4 - Phil, Gina, Haley, Stephanie
I think a girl will leave us this week.
17 years ago
4 comments:
OMG, Sanjaya! I couldn't even hear him sing the entire song because I was laughing SO DAMN HARD. Between him jumping around and that poor little girl crying...Did anyone else see him as anything else other than a 11 year old kid singing into Mr. Microphone? (I am dating myself there with the Mr. Microphone reference.) I thought Lakisha did better than they said, she looked pretty in the green and bling bling. Jordin and Blake were also outstanding in my eyes. Phil, Phil, Phil...Simon was right. You can't pretend to be a rocker! Gina can pretend to be a rocker, but it isn't becoming on you. -Mel
This week was soooo much better than last week. Here is a summary of my opinions:
Not so impressed with: Stephanie, Sanjaya (clearly in a league of his own), and Gina
Just sort of there for me: Haley, Lakisha, Phil, Chris S
My favorites of the week: Chris R, Blake, Jordin, Melinda, and the pre-teen girl who couldn't control her emotions (WHY did the camera keep focusing on her? She's going to live with that footage until she's 80...I could barely hear Sanjaya's performance because I was laughing so hard...or, um, maybe that's a good thing.)
My random, unsolicited comments:
1) Lakisha will not make the final 3...she's good, but she doesn't have whatever it was she had that first week. She peaked at that point and I don't think she's shown that she is that different since. I think if Stephanie had been on her game a little, those 2 are neck and neck vs. Melinda (more on her below).
2) Stephanie is disappointing. She is a good singer and she should be doing better I think. Her voice is in a different league (not Melinda league, but different) and I think she's choking or something on stage, I don't know. I can't figure her out.
3) I keep forgetting Jordin is 6'11" -- she made that Lulu person look like a Liliputian.
4) Melinda should be given a contract now, shipped to a studio, and let the others battle it out for second. It's not even close.
5) I'm sorry if these comments are not better -- I was up until about 1 am voting for Sanjaya. He has to make the tour, that's my life goal right now.
I hear Howard Stern and several other "anti-corporate conspiracy" individuals began a campaign to vote for the worst AI candidate from the beginning. The idea being that if the worst guy actually won, it would discredit the show and the whole voting thing. Their pick? Let's just say that it rhymes with "Tanjaya". The problem now is that it's starting to become a cultural thing and if he does actually win, what's going to happen when he's let in on the joke? I'm picturing the scene from "Carrie" where she wins the prom queen contest. Remember that? It makes me sleep better at night (not) to know that we might be setting up the guy from let's just say a "sometimes hostile homeland environment" to be publicly ridiculed. Hopefully it's just us stupid Americans that watch AMERICAN Idol. Let's hope he gets voted off next! - Gooch (Homeland Security)
Post a Comment