Ok, I am going on record that while I know these songs are amazing and classics, two weeks in a row might be dry and dull.
Amanda Overmyer - Back in the USSR - Better than last week, but I'm still not feeling it. She's sorta shouty. (that was not even a real sentence) Did she actually demonstrate a little personality?
Kristy Lee Cook - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Interesting selection, and she looks the best this week that we have seen her. I liked it better than last week. I loved the "musical wallpaper" comment. I will SO be using that later.
David Archuleta - The Long And Winding Road - Solid, strong performance. LOVED it. The crowd cracks me up when he is on stage. I was glad he was back in real form this week.
Michael Johns - He really could record an entire album of these songs. He rocked, I thought. (not sure what the judges heard)
Brooke White - Here Comes the Sun - Was it me, or did her bangs in her face bother anyone else? I really like her but this song was just ok.
David Cook - Day Tripper - He's a freaking rock star! Awesome performance. (The judges realize that they kept this theme again this week.....)
Carly Smithson - Blackbird - It was a little "Broadway" for me but she clearly has talent.
Jason Castro - Michelle - I don't know what to think. (They are not connected to these songs because they connected with their selections last week......Thank you, Simon!)
Syesha Mercado - Yesterday - WOW, she is back and I loved it. She looked great too.
Chikezie - I've Just Seen A Face - Not sure (I am really bored.)
Ramiele Malubay - I Should Have Known Better - It was better than last week, but it was no show stopper.
So for me here is the wrap up:
Off the hook - David, David, Syesha
Only ok because I was already hooked - Brooke, Michael, Carly, Jason
Could get the hook - Amanda, Kristy, Ramiele, Chikezie
P.S. On Oprah Monday, Simon said that David Archuleta, David Cook, Brooke White and Jason Castro were the ones to watch in his opinion based on talent. Also he said on camera that Chris Daughtry was the most talented in season 5, and that it turned into a popularity contest instead. HA! (clearly, not over it)
17 years ago
4 comments:
LOL! Brooke's bangs were very distracting, I'm glad she recognized her need to go back to her real game. Two weeks in a row were too much for this theme, but not for David C., Michael Johns and David A., they are awesome! Did anyone else laugh out loud when Ryan said Jason Castro's name in a French accent? I like him :) By him I mean Ryan! Bye
Lori
If Archaleta doesn't win, the show is, for yet another season, a joke.
Ask yourself this...would you pay to see any of these people in concert, by themselves?
He has to be at the top of that list.
Jason Castro seems good, because everyone else is bad. Ditto David Cook, who is a creepy looking dude.
Brooke White is a disaster...she should not be aloud to interact with the judges.
The Australian guy doesn't impress me.
Archuleta is for real. The other way to think about it, is which of these would have made the top 5 on a previous season? I think he's the only one.
Actually got tickets to the taping yesterday, and saw the show live!
It does sound a little different live than on TV and I have to give props to Ryan Seacrest (I usually find him annoying) because there aren’t any retakes so he has to get everything right the first time.
Added bonuses were the celebrity sighting Heidi & Spencer from the Hills (I thought they broke up…) and sitting behind Victoria Beckham with three kids, two hunky bodyguards and a nanny.
And, when they’re showing the recaps at the end of the show and the contestants line up on the stage, you can see that they’re cracking up when the crowds (girls) scream for David Archuleta, David Cook and Jason Castro.
I agree with you on most of your comments but I just haven’t gotten on board with Michael Johns. He’s good looking and the accent is easy on the ears but I haven’t loved any of his performances (Bohemain Raphsody excluded, of course.)
Carol
What are your thoughts on Death Metal? I think that should be the theme for next week!
Post a Comment