Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Top 12 - McCartney and Lennon Songbook

Alright, this week we will review song selection, performance, vocal, wardrobe, and judge commentary.

First off...Song Selection
01 - Syesha Mercado - Got To Get You Into My Life - good
02 - Chikezie - She's A Woman - hmmm
03 - Ramiele Malubay - In My Life - love it, but safe
04 - Jason Castro - If I Feel - like it
05 - Carly Smithson - Come Together - excellent for her
06 - David Cook - Eleanor Rigby - eh
07 - Brooke White - Let It Be - LOVE the song....also a little safe
08 - David Hernandez - I Saw Her Standing There - fun song
09 - Amanda Overmyer - You Can't Do That - no
10 - Michael Johns - Across The Universe - I don't think I have ever heard this
11 - Kristy Lee Cook - Eight Days A Week - like the song
12 - David Archuleta - We Can Work It Out - not my favorite for him.....

Next, performance
01 - didn't like the mix
02 - most energy we've seen from him thus far
03 - heartfelt, but a little dull....strong finish
04 - laidback
05 - she is a strong performer and very comfortable in this setting
06 - he's just cool, might have been a little too "rocky"
07 - have we discussed as a forum that instruments are a plus in my book. little dry at front but she was more involved and connected at the end
08 - not my favorite performance of his, but he's gotta stick around
09 - i am just not a fan. i don't even know what words she is singing.
10 - soulful and simple
11 - little fast, but I liked the country twist
12 - he got nervous :( he powered through but he forgot some words....(I sat and pouted at the tv because I was sad)

Vocal quality
01 - weak start (lower register)
02 - interesting
03 - strong
04 - very unique and solid vocal
05 - rock solid
06 - dude can sing
07 - her voice is interesting too
08 - loved it
09 - I will give her unique
10 - awesome
11 - good, not great
12 - seriously amazing

Wardrobe/Style
Syesha - ok, didn't like the off the shoulder look
Chikezie - stylish as always, although I wasn't crazy about his watch
Ramiele - super cute
Jason - true to his style, but powder blue, dude?
Carly - she looked great
David C - I am struggling with the hairstyle, or maybe the product they are using on him
Brooke - really pretty as usual
David H - stylishly era-appropriate
Amanda - can't handle the hair at all, and smile or go home
Michael - nothing too exciting...as expected
Kristy - cute style
David A - ok

Judge's comments
01 - I agreed.
02 - Again, agree.
03 - I completely agreed with Simon.
04 - He was amazing last week, so that is a tough comparison.
05 - Well, Paula, she has sold 378 records.
06 - Props to the judges.
07 - These songs are what are amazing.
08 - That song leads itself to be over the top.
09 - I just don't get it. Thank you, Simon.
10 - Randy, you said "tooken," and Simon, you don't know their names?
11 - I was indifferent here.
12 - You did force him out of his "vibe" but it wasn't his best to date.

Prediction - a girl goes home

Best of the night - David Cook, Brooke White, Carly Smithson
On the chopping block - Syesha (forgettable), Ramiele (boring and safe), Amanda (mumbly), and Kristy (average)

(Wow, am I glad this is down to one night a week)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristy is going home!